Beauty Technical College & Bixby Beauty College
Doing Beauty the Right Way
Since opening in Tahlequah in 1992 and Bixby in 2006, Beauty Technical College and Bixby Beauty College have been proud to provide excellence in training for future cosmetologist, nail techs, and instructors. We welcome you to look through our site to see all we have to offer!
As the leading local Beauty Colleges in Tahlequah, OK and Bixby, OK since 1992 and 2006, Beauty Technical College & Bixby Beauty College are excited to WELCOME you to our page!
We attribute our excellent reputation to our demanding curriculum, dedicated staff, and unique atmosphere. We believe that all of our students deserve the highest level of education and preparation for success at an affordable cost, and we are committed to providing just that!
Our unique curriculum and small class-sizes provide students with individualized instruction while offering low-cost excellent hair, nail and esthetic services to the community.
Explore the rest of our site to learn more about what we have to offer, and get in touch with any questions. Beauty Technical College & Bixby Beauty College are here for you!
We’re committed to helping our students every step of the way and providing useful instruction to take care of all their needs. Read below to learn about the range of courses we provide.
Cosmetology is the art and science of beautifying and improving the skin, hair, and the study of cosmetics and their application. This course is designed to teach the student basic fundamentals of all phases of cosmetology and prepare them to gain entrance into the beginning level job as a qualified cosmetologist.
Average Total Tuition: $11,500
A manicurist or nail technician is a person whose occupation is to style and shape a person's nails. This is achieved using a combination of decorating nails with colored varnish and other techniques.
Average Total Tuition: $5,050
As a Master Instructor, you'll sharpen your skills as a cosmetologist while also learning to be a communicator and educator.
Average Total Tuition: $5,500
Cut --------------- $5.00
Cut & Shampoo ---------- $7.00
Shampoo-Set -------- $5.00
Style ---------------- $5.00
Updo ---------------- $20.00 (+)
Braids -------------- $10.00 (+)
Perms/Wraps ---------- $25.00 (+)
Color ----------------- $30.00 (+)
Highlights -------------- $35.00 (+)
Facial ---------------- $15.00
Wax ------------------ $5.00
Manicure -------------- $7.00
Pedicure --------------- $15.00
Full set nails ------------ $20.00
Paraffin Wax ------------ $10.00
Come Learn With Us
Join the Team
The Department of Education was awarded an emergency grant to assist students who were attending schools of higher education during the COVID-19 emergency school closing and lockdown social distancing requirements in March 2020.
The CARES ACT HIGHER ED Grant will be awarded to each approved higher education school. The school has to determine based on guidelines for how it will disburse the emergency funds to students.
When the school issues checks to students, they must sign that they will use the funds for one or more of the expenses listed on the CARES ACT Certification and Agreement document, for "food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child-care expenses." We will also give students the opportunity to forego the payment if they have not been financially affected and wish to donate their portion back to the school fund so we can reallocate funds to other students who may have a financial hardship.
The school will allocate CARES ACT Emergency Relief funds to students equally, based on the total number of enrolled students who were attending classes on 04/01/2020 when the school temporarily closed due to COVID-19 lockdown and who wish to participate in the grant funding opportunity. We will divide the number of attending students into the emergency fund grant amount and allocate funds equally to each student. This is grant money and will not have to be repaid.
The school was advised the government will begin releasing funds and accepting student certifications as of the opening fund date of 05/28/2020. The school applied for the funding on opening day 05/28/2020. We hope to receive funds within the next few weeks. Students will receive funds by check mailed to the home address. To assist the school in processing the checks, please complete and return the certification form below on page 2 of this document.
EMERGENCY FINANCIAL AID GRANTS TO STUDENTS
Beauty Technical College (OPE ID:02510300) received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act ("CARES Act"), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
The institution has received these funds and is distributing them in accordance with the CARES Act and implementing guidance.
The institution is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education's ("Department") Electronic Announcement of May 6,2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Freda Poe, Owner, at: email@example.com.
1. The institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. The institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $32,6602.
3. The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to the students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is $32,602.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 13.
5. The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is 13.
6. The methods used by the institution to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act are provided under the "Policies and Procedures" link below.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided under the "Student Certification Form" link below.